Household water-rates arrears

​You may owe money to your household water supplier if you have not paid a previous bill, or if you have fallen behind with payments you are supposed to make towards your current bill.

Your water supply cannot be cut off for owing money to your supplier. However, it is still a priority debt because you would normally pay it along with your council tax and the same enforcement rules apply.

You may be able to get help with your arrears from a water trust fund.

Extra advice:

business water-rates arrears

The rules are different if you owe money to a business water supplier.

Business water rates or contact us for advice.